Chad K. Lang
Chad Lang is a partner and Chair of the Firm’s Labor & Employment Practice Group, focusing his practice in the areas of labor and employment, complex commercial litigation and Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Mr. Lang represents management for Fortune 500, midsize and small companies in labor and employment matters throughout Florida and nationwide, including single plaintiff, multi-plaintiff, collective and class actions. His expansive employment experience includes representing management in a wide range of matters such as wage and hour, non-compete, disability, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, mergers and acquisitions, tortious interference, trade secret, unfair and deceptive trade practices, whistleblower, FMLA, Title III of the ADA, WARN, and executive employment agreements. Mr. Lang also routinely provides his corporate clients with proactive counseling and advice on how to navigate the day to day employment issues in an effort to avoid litigation. He also prepares and revises transactional employment documents for his clients, including executive employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, non-compete agreements, employee handbooks, among others.
Mr. Lang is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Florida, including the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Representation of hotel, restaurant owner and management company in FLSA tip pool and service charge collective action
- Representation of national retailer in statewide FLSA collective action seeking overtime compensation, resulting in favorable settlement
- Representation of national staffing company in non-compete litigation, successfully resulting in order defeating injunction which was upheld at the state appellate level
- Representation of a national retailer successfully obtaining summary judgment in race and national origin discrimination which was upheld at the federal appellate level
- Served as Mergers & Acquisitions employment counsel for multiple hospitality
- Representation of private equity firms in multiple wheelchair accessibility lawsuits under Title III of the ADA
- Representation of national bank in class action website accessibility lawsuit
- Representation of national print management company to successfully obtain nationwide injunction against former salesperson in a non-compete lawsuit
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITES; HONORS & RECOGNITIONS; PRESENTATIONS
- Selected as Legal EliteTM by Florida Trends Magazine
- Selected as Florida SuperLawyer® by Super Lawyer Magazine
- Selected as Top Labor & Employment Attorney by South Florida Legal Guide
- AV-rated by Martindale Hubble, the highest rating possible indicating preeminent ability and professional ethics
- Greater Miami & The Beaches Hotel Association, Department of Labor’s Final Overtime Regulations (2016)
- National Association of Minority & Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF), Independent Contractors and the Joint Employer Relationship in the Gig Economy (2015)
- Greater Miami & The Beaches Hotel Association, Wage & Hour and Wheelchair Accessibility Issues in the Hospitality Industry (2015)
- Co-Chair of Labor & Employment Practice Area Committee, NAMWOLF
- Board of Directors, Temple Beth Am
- Board of Directors, Shake-A-Leg Miami (former)
- Board of Directors, Northwestern Alumni Association South Florida Chapter (former)