Michael A. Montiel
Michael A. Montiel is a partner primarily concentrating in the areas of corporate law, commercial real estate transactions, and estate planning. A large portion of his practice focuses on the representation of both institutional and non-institutional lenders, as well as borrowers in connection with the financing, acquisition and disposition of commercial real estate assets including retail shopping centers, office buildings, apartment buildings, warehouse/industrial and mixed‐use properties. Michael also provides representation in connection with a wide variety of complex commercial real estate transactions involving construction loans, property development, and leasing.
Michael is a title agent for Old Republic National Title Insurance Company through Attorneys' Title Fund Services, LLC (The Fund) and First American Title Insurance Company. SMGQ Law has been named to the President’s Circle of The Fund each year since 2016. The President’s Circle represents an exceptional group of the top member firms based on policies remitted on an annual basis.
Michael also advises corporations and limited liability companies in mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, compliance, and general corporate and commercial matters.
Michael currently serves his community as member of the Planning and Advisory Board of Miami-Dade County. The Planning Advisory Board is the County's designated Local Planning Agency and it is the main advisory board to the Board of County Commissioners (BCC) on matters related to planning and annexations/incorporations. He earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law and his Bachelor of Science, with a major in Psychology, from the University of Florida.
NOTABLE CLIENT WORK
- Representation of a developer in excess of $300 Million in real estate purchases and construction loans
- Representation of a developer in excess of $50 Million in real estate purchases and construction loans
- Representation of a development group in excess of $150 Million in real estate purchases and construction loans
- Representation of local major sports team in corporate and real estate matters
- Representation of a client in excess of $300 Million in real estate purchases, sales, and construction loans
- Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Committee of CABA
- Belen Alumni Lawyers Section
- Planning Advisory Board of Miami-Dade County