SMGQ Law partners Roland Sanchez-Medina, Jr., Joseph R. Gomez, and associate Michael A. Montiel represented a Norwegian company in securing an $86 million credit facility to build ground-breaking salmon farm in rural Miami-Dade County. Click here to read the full article.
- SMGQ Law partner Peter A Gonzalez and associate James C. Kellner achieve significant victory for Avior Airlines C.A. in Class Action Lawsuit. Click here to read Attorney At Law's full article.
SMGQ Law is proud to announce that partner Emilia A. Quesada has been featured in the “2018 Women in Law” issue of the Miami edition of Attorney At Law magazine. Ms. Quesada was nominated by her peers and chosen as one of 17 “powerhouse women lawyers.” Click here to read the full article.
SMGQ Law partner Pablo S. Quesada discusses the Supreme Court’s Masterpiece Cakeshop Ruling in the South Florida Legal Guide’s insert published in the Miami Herald. Click here for the full story.
SMGQ Law Partner Roland Sanchez-Medina, Jr. and Associate Michael Montiel represented Estates Investments Group (“EIG”) to secure a $57.8 Million Construction Loan to fund EIG’s new apartment project in West Miami. Click here for the full story
Congratulations to SMGQ Law partner Pablo S. Quesada who is featured as a Superstar in Attorney At Law’s 2018 Top Lawyers edition.
Take Your Child to Work Day was a great success at SMGQ Law. Thank you for all the hard work!
SMGQ Law partner Emilia A. Quesada is a recipient of the Peter Perlman Service Award. The award was presented to Ms. Quesada by 2017 LCA President Rusty Hardin of Rusty Hardin & Associates LLP in Houston, Texas, at the 2017 Fall Conference & Celebration of Fellows held at the St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort in Miami Beach, Florida. The award recognizes LCA Fellows who contribute in meaningful ways to society by giving back their time and resources in an effort to improve the lives of others.
(Click here for full story)
- Litigation partner Mitchell Mandler recently served as a judge at the 2017 John T. Gaubatz Moot Court Competition held at the University of Miami School of Law. The Gaubatz Competition is the Moot Court Board's prestigious intraschool competition.
“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Over the past few weeks, SMGQ Law has sought to make a difference in the lives of others by donating funds to the Asociación de Rinología Capitulo Nor Occidental de Honduras (Association of Rhinology of Honduras, Northwest Chapter). The Association travels to the more remote areas of Honduras once a year to provide free ear, nose, and throat surgeries to adults and children in need.
If you would like to donate or find out how to get involved with this organization please contact Gladys Abraham at firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-377-1000.
(Click here for full story)
- SMGQ Law Partner, Emilia A. Quesada, has been named a Fellow by the Litigation Counsel of America
(click image to enlarge)
- SMGQ Law Partner, Roland Sanchez-Medina, Jr. has been recognized by Florida Trend Magazine as one of "Florida's Legal Elite"
(click image to enlarge)
- Three SMGQ Law Partners Named 2017 Super Lawyers
(click image to enlarge)
- SMGQ Law Partner Roland Sanchez-Medina, Jr. has been recognized by Attorney at Law magazine as a 2017 Miami Super Star. He joins 9 fellow honorees Garrett Biondo, Dori Foster-Morales, Michael Haggard, Jay Halpern, Jerry Hamilton, Dolly Hernandez, Stevan Pardo, Elijah Stiers and Richard Wolfe.
Click here to read Mr. Sanchez-Medina’s interview.
- August 21, 2017 Solar Eclipse
- SMGQ Law is proud to announce that the firm has been recognized as a Top Law Firmand six of its partners were named Top Lawyers by the South Florida Legal Guide for 2016. Congratulations to Joseph R. Gomez for Corporate and Business, Tax, Peter A. Gonzalez and Gustavo D. Lage for Commercial and Business Litigation, Pablo S. Quesada and Roland Sanchez-Medina, Jr. for Corporate and Business, Securities, and Emilia A. Quesada for Civil Litigation.
- On November 3, 2015, SMGQ senior associates, Cristina Fernandez-Parjus and Cristina Cossio, co-hosted a Fundraiser together with several prominent female attorneys to support the retention of Judge Laura Stuzin.
- Emilia A. Quesada, a partner with the firm, has been certified as a FINRA Arbitrator. FINRA, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, serves as an independent, not-for-profit organization authorized by Congress to protect America’s investors by ensuring that the securities industry operates fairly and honestly. FINRA is dedicated to investor protection and market integrity through effective and efficient regulation of the securities industry.
- SMGQ partner, Roland Sanchez-Medina, Jr., is proud to have been elected to The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) - the worldwide professional association for lawyers, accountants and other trust and estate specialists that help families plan for their futures. STEP promotes best practice, professional integrity and education to over 20,000 Members across 95 countries.
- SMGQ partner, Emilia A. Quesada, has been appointed by the Board of Directors of NAMWOLF to serve as Co-Chair of the Insurance Practice Area Committee (PAC). The NAMWOLF Insurance PAC promotes the value of highly-skilled minority-owned and women-owned law firms that specialize in the insurance industry. NAMWOLF strives to meet the needs of in-house counsel and claims departments by facilitating opportunities for insurance companies and NAMWOLF member firms to develop mutually beneficial partnerships.
- SMGQ Law’s Family Law Practice Group was presented with an award from Kidside in appreciation for its continued support and contribution to its’ Annual Softball tournament. SMGQ Law is proud to support KidSide, a not for profit organization devoted to supporting Family Court Services in its endeavor to improve services for those distressed families with cases pending in Miami-Dade County family court.
- SMGQ featured in the Daily Business Review’s Cuba Special Report on July 29, 2015. Click here to view.
- Congratulations to SMGQ Law Partner, Richard J. Preira, on his recognition by Florida Trend magazine as one of "Florida's Legal Elite" for 2015.The prestigious Florida Legal Elite attorneys are chosen by their peers for this high honor. Highly respected by their colleagues, the chosen attorneys exemplify a high standard of excellence and regard in their practice areas. The resulting lists represent fewer than 2% of the active Florida Bar members who practice in Florida.
- SMGQ Law is proud to announce that four of its partners were named among Florida’s 2015 Super Lawyers - Congratulations to Joseph R. Gomez for Corporate/Business, Gustavo D. Lage for General Litigation, Richard J. Preira for Family Law and Roland Sanchez-Medina, Jr. for Corporate/Business.
- SMGQ Law Partner Roland Sanchez-Medina, Jr. is proud to have been elected to The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) - the worldwide professional association for lawyers, accountants and other trust and estate specialists that help families plan for their futures. STEP promotes best practice, professional integrity and education to over 20,000 Members across 95 countries.
- Pablo S. Quesada, a founding partner of the firm, has been appointed by The Florida Bar to serve on the 11th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee “11E” for a three year term beginning February 2015. The grievance committee is responsible for continuing the investigation of possible lawyer misconduct referred by Bar discipline attorneys.
- Emilia A. Quesada, a partner with the firm, has been featured in Law360's series "Minority Powerbrokers Q&A". View the full article
- SMGQ Law is proud to announce that six of its partners were named among the South Florida Legal Guide’s 2015 Top Lawyers - Congratulations to Joseph R. Gomez for Corporate and Business, Tax, Peter A. Gonzalez and Gustavo D. Lage for Commercial and Business Litigation, Pablo S. Quesada and Roland Sanchez-Medina, Jr. for Corporate and Business, Securities, and Emilia A. Quesada for Civil Litigation.
- SMGQ Law is honored to be recognized by U.S. News and Best Lawyers® as a 2015 Tier 1 Top Law Firm
- SMGQ partner, Carlos M. Machado, is honored to have been awarded The Fund’s Eleventh Circuit Top Contributor award for 2014 and having been named to The Fund’s President’s Circle for 2014.
- Emilia A. Quesada, a partner with the firm, has been appointed by the Board of Directors of NAMWOLF to serve as Co-Chair of the Insurance Practice Area Committee (PAC). The NAMWOLF Insurance PAC promotes the value of highly-skilled minority-owned and women-owned law firms that specialize in the insurance industry. NAMWOLF strives to meet the needs of in-house counsel and claims departments by facilitating opportunities for insurance companies and NAMWOLF member firms to develop mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Roland Sanchez-Medina, Jr., a partner with the firm, has been appointed chairman of the Audit and Budget Advisory Committee
for the Miami-Dade County Public School System. The Audit and Budget Advisory Committee, part of the Office of Management and Compliance Audits, serve as the principal advisory committee to assist the School Board in fulfilling its fiduciary responsibilities on budgeting, financial reporting and accounting and business policies and practices and is the Board's principal agent in ensuring the independence of the District's external and internal auditors.
- Emilia A. Quesada, a partner with the firm, will be presenting at the National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firm's (NAMWOLF) 2014 Annual Meeting taking place in Philadelphia, PA from September 21-24, 2014 on the topic of "Best Practices in Attorney-Client Privilege for In-house and Outside Counsel in the Digital and Global Age.”
- On August 2 & 3, 2014, SMGQ Law sponsored partner, Richard J. Preira, in the Pan-Mass Challenge (PMC) which is a grueling 2-day 200-mile bike ride to raise money to benefit the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Massachusetts whose mission is to provide expert, compassionate care to children and adults with cancer while advancing the understanding, diagnosis, treatment, cure, and prevention of cancer and related diseases.
- The Pan-Mass Challenge raises more money than any other athletic fundraising event in the country. Last year, over 5,000 riders from 36 states and 8 countries raised $39 million. 100% of every dollar donated goes to Dana-Farber.
- SMGQ Law was honored with the “Friend of FAWL” Award by the Miami-Dade chapter of the Florida Association For Women Lawyers (MDFAWL) for its continued support and commitment to promote the advancement of women in the legal profession.
- Four SMGQ Law partners were named as Super Lawyers 2014 – Joseph R. Gomez, Gustavo D. Lage, Richard J. Preira and Roland Sanchez-Medina, Jr., while Kira E. Willig, Of Counsel, was named a Rising Star.
- Six SMGQ Partners Named 2014 Top Lawyers By The South Florida Legal Guide
- Joseph R. Gomez, Peter A. González, Gustavo D. Lage, Emilia A. Quesada, Pablo S. Quesada and Roland Sanchez-Medina, Jr. have been selected as 2014 South Florida Legal Guide Top Lawyers®
- Peter A. González has been selected as outside General Counsel by Padrón Cigars. Mr. González will oversee all legal affairs of the company and its affiliates, including corporate governance, contractual matters, real estate transactions and litigation. Padrón Cigars is a privately held company founded in 1964 in Miami, Florida, which controls all aspects of cigar production, including tobacco growing, sorting, processing, cigar manufacturing, and distribution of the finest cigars in the world.
- Joseph Gomez represented Telemiami in the sale of substantially all its assets including its premium leased access channels to a group affiliated with CNN Latino.
- Joseph Gomez, Richard Preira, and Roland Sanchez-Medina were selected as 2013 Florida Super Lawyers® by Super Lawyers Magazine.
- Roland Sanchez-Medina and Joseph Gomez were named 2013 Deal Makers of the Year by the Daily Business Review for closing the Biscayne Landing deal.