Raul L. Perez
Raul Perez is a senior associate with the Firm, concentrating his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, with specialized knowledge in insurance coverage, life, health, disability and ERISA defense, as well as labor and employment, providing advice and counseling to employers, representing employers in a wide range of matters such as wage and hour, non-compete, disability, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, FLSA collective actions, FMLA, Title III of the ADA, non-compete, trade secret, and FDUTPA claims.
Mr. Perez represents Fortune 500, midsize, and small companies in the defense of various litigation matters such as insurance coverage disputes, life, health, disability, ERISA litigation, interpleaders, vicarious liability issues, business torts, collective and class action minimum wage and overtime disputes, discrimination, retaliation, enforcement of employment agreements, and banking disputes in state and federal courts throughout Florida. Mr. Perez also has experience in representing clients in TCPA class action litigation in various state and federal courts across the country and also handles general contract matters and commercial transactions, and has experience in the areas of estate planning, probate, guardianship proceedings, and state securities fraud claims.
Mr. Perez earned his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Florida State University College of Law. While in law school, Mr. Perez was distinguished by his selection to serve as a legal extern for the Florida Supreme Court, clerking for the Honorable Justice Raoul Cantero, and was further recognized as a Book Award recipient and a qualifying member of Phi Delta Phi Honor Society. Mr. Perez earned his Bachelor of Arts, with a major in Political Science, from Florida State University, graduating summa cum laude and is a selected member of Phi Beta Kappa.
Mr. Perez is admitted to practice in state and federal courts of Florida, including the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida.
- Representation of a Fortune 100 life insurance company in commercial litigation and first party insurance coverage defense, including vicarious liability issues, agent disputes, and interpleader actions
- Representation of a Fortune 100 health insurance organization in commercial litigation and ERISA-related disputes, including breach of contract, tortious actions and overpayment claims
- Representation of a Fortune 100 life and disability insurance company in commercial litigation, first party insurance and disability coverage defense, including vicarious liability issues, ERISA-related matters, agent disputes, and interpleader actions
- Representation of a national Fortune 500 healthcare client in a race discrimination, retaliation, failure to pay stock options and declaratory judgment lawsuit seeking to invalidate a non-compete agreement matter filed by the client’s former Senior Vice President seeking a 7-figure judgment
- Representation of an international Fortune 500 retail client in a disability discrimination and retaliation lawsuit
- Representation of an international healthcare client against a wheelchair accessibility lawsuit filed under Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Representation of a Fortune 500 banking institution in commercial litigation and tort defense, including breach of contract, fraud and interpleader actions
- Representation of company in commercial litigation involving TCPA class action litigation
- Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar
- Cuban American Bar Association