Raul L. Perez
Raul Perez is a senior associate with the Firm, concentrating his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, with specialized knowledge in insurance disputes including life, health, disability and ERISA claims, insurance coverage defense, banking litigation, and real estate litigation including owners, contractors, design professionals and construction matters.
Mr. Perez represents Fortune 500 companies, including insurance organizations and financial institutions, as well as privately owned businesses in the prosecution and defense of general commercial litigation matters, business disputes, business torts, consumer claims issues, insurance coverage disputes, life, health, disability and ERISA matters, interpleaders, vicarious liability issues, officer/director liability claims, real estate and construction litigation, and numerous other civil claims in state and federal courts throughout Florida, as well as before the American Arbitration Association. Mr. Perez also handles general contract matters and commercial transactions, and has experience in the areas of estate planning, probate, guardianship proceedings, and state securities fraud claims.
Mr. Perez earned his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Florida State University College of Law. While in law school, Mr. Perez was distinguished by his selection to serve as a legal extern for the Florida Supreme Court, clerking for the Honorable Justice Raoul Cantero, and as a qualifying member of Phi Delta Phi Honor Society. Mr. Perez earned his Bachelor of Arts, with a major in Political Science, from Florida State University, graduating summa cum laude and was selected to become a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
Mr. Perez is admitted to practice in all state and federal trial courts in Florida, including the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida.
- Representation of Fortune 50 health insurance organization against a hospital provider in arbitration and state court involving successful defense of claims for underpayment, violations of FDUTPA, and fraudulent concealment claims, as well as recovery of overpayment of claims for the health insurance organization
- Representation of Fortune 50 health insurance organization against medical providers in federal court for alleged ERISA violations seeking payment in excess of tens of millions of dollars that was successfully defended at the pleadings stage
- Representation of Fortune 100 life insurance company in commercial litigation and first party insurance defense, including vicarious liability issues, agent disputes, coverage disputes, and interpleader actions
- Representation of Fortune 500 banking institution in commercial litigation and tort defense, including breach of contract, fraud and interpleader actions
- Representation of world renowned architectural firm in construction litigation disputes including breach of contract, equitable claims, and fraud
- Representation of Fortune 100 life and disability insurance company in commercial litigation, first party insurance and disability coverage defense, including vicarious liability issues, ERISA-related matters, agent disputes, coverage disputes, and interpleader actions
- Representation of Fortune 200 disability and accident insurance company in commercial litigation, first party insurance, disability and accident coverage defense
- Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar
- Cuban American Bar Association